The 20th of November - Historical Events

Today is the 20th of November. And for me, it is a particular big date in the calendar. This is because on this date, 22 years ago, I was born. I hope to have a great time whilst doing my STEM activities. But, I wanted to celebrate the date of my birth for a long time. This was because I noticed that as there were so many big events which happened. And even though this date is a very important one for me. It is also an important date in the world. There are in fact too many events to put onto one post. However, I endeavour to post the highlights of the 20th of November.


1866 - The Yoyo Created!


Ironically, this was one of my favourite toys. Coming to my end of university, I had about two yoyo's in an attempt to get better. On the day in 1866, the patent for the Yoyo was passed to James L. Haven and Charles Hittrick. At the time,


1947 - (to be) Queen Elizabeth II Marries Lt Phillip Mountbatten


Their wedding took place within Westminster's Abby in front of 2,000 invited guests as well as 200 million radio listeners. Today, they'll celebrate 61 years of marriage.


It's United Nation's National Children Day!


Since 1954, this date was the UN National Children's Day. The UN uses this day every year to promote international intelligence and awareness of children worldwide. Hopefully, also this date will improve the welfare of Children worldwide. By 1959, this date was further recognised when the UN assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child. Then also recognised once more in 1989 when the UN assembly adopted the Convention of the Rights of the Child.
From this date, UN encouraged that mothers, fathers, teachers as well as anyone who works with children to outreach and celebrate this date. To make the National Children Day an important and relevant.
This year, the theme for national Children's Day is #goBlue. Hence why my subtitles are blue. We can celebrate by wearing blue clothing and accessories then sharing them on social media.

This UN date will be pretty ironic for my parents. Technically, they have unknowingly celebrated it with me and my sisters for 22 years (Until now, if they read this)!



1979 - The First Artificial Blood Transfusion


The artificial transfusion took place at the University of Minnesota due to a Jehovah's Witness patient requiring blood and couldn't because of her beliefs.

Comments