Walking Up Brown Clee Hill

Since returning from university, I had originally planned to fill a scrapbook of my journey through high school to university. To do this, I was looking through my photos throughout the three years of university. To my horror, my figure in these photos were changing. Now I'm not the type of girl who cares too much of my appearance. I'm would call putting my hair in a ponytail as 'doing something with my hair'. But, seeing photos change so quickly as well as experiencing being out of breath for just a short distance to the village shop. It was horrifying... Especially for someone who used to be in a running club.

Sparing the whole story, I had gained 2 stone whilst my time at university!!

Due to this my goals changed. Now they are as follows; to at least lose one stone, become more active and live a bit healthier than I was. So whilst the job searching is happening, I plan to head out as much as possible and visit all the trails that I can.

                             ..............

On bank holiday Monday, my first time to be active came about. My boyfriend and I made an unplanned decision to trek up Brown Clee Hill. He had be once before and said that the view from the top was amazing. There was just one worrying thought, this hill's summit is the highest point in Shropshire... And trust me, it damn well felt like it.

The path we had chosen was mostly due to the time constraints we had - it was basically the shortest one up. I have to admit the walk was quite pleasant to start with. A soft straight grass track with muddy parts where previous walkers had worn the greenery away. But, it was about halfway when the path became steeper with a rougher rocky trail. Nothing too strenuous though. Just a sharp incline that gradually wears your stamina slowly. It was a tiring half an hour walk from the mid point to the summit.

Although, that walk was well worth the effort. The view from to the top of Brown Clee Hill was amazing! I could see various coloured fields, hills and valleys for miles around. The city of Wolverhampton as well as Dudley were also spotted in the landscape (a good 21 miles from Brown Clee hill). I just wish the weather had been clearer. We spent 20 minutes just admiring the view. Though both of us were glad to start heading down. It was starting to get late. The wind had picked up along with both the sun and temperature lowering.

I have to recommend the walk up Brown Clee Hill. It was a steep tiring climb up. But that view was worth it.

If you're interested in seeing more of the photos I took of Brown Clee Hill, I posted them on my instagram account.

I hope to write more on the walks that I take.

Comments